The Australian Swimming Coaches and Teachers Association (ASCTA), is the peak body for swimming Coaches and Teachers in Australia.
We have a range of priorities for the further development of the learn-to-swim & safer safety Industry and the sport of swimming. ASCTA is a corporate entity with business objectives and is a not for profit special interest group dedicated to providing service to its Members and acting as an advocate on their behalf.
ASCTA is dedicated to developing world leading practises in the education, accreditation, professional development and on-going support for swimming Coaches and swimming and water safety Teachers.
Whilst our core business is based in Australia, ASCTA has members throughout the world and delivers conferences, resources, courses and services overseas.
ASCTA also is an active member of both the World Swimming Coaches Association and the International Federation of Swimming Teachers Associations.
As the peak professional body for swimming Coaches and swimming and water safety Teachers, ASCTA is committed to the growth and prosperity of swimming as an essential life skill, component of health and fitness, and competitive sport.
ASCTA seek to improve professional standards for swimming Coaches and swimming and water safety Teachers through education, accreditation, professional development, and ethical practice.
- ASCTA believe that every Australian should be able to reach their aquatic potential. To achieve this ASCTA believe that every child should receive instruction that is based upon ‘best practice’ principles; and every athlete under an ASCTA member’s tutelage is provided with appropriate training methods, consideration, and care.
- ASCTA encourage a culture of learning and self-improvement among ASCTA Members.
- ASCTA support and foster partnerships amongst National and State organisations controlling aquatics and contributing to the overall well-being of the aquatics industry and sporting community.
- ASCTA Members demonstrate professional integrity and work ethic, as well as enthusiasm and passion for the sport. ASCTA Members believe in and stand by the ASCTA Code of Conduct and the member protection policies of Swimming Australia Ltd.
- ASCTA are totally committed to professional ‘best practice’ and ‘ethics’ in sport. ASCTA Members abide by the rules governing swimming and reject the use of illegal performance enhancing substances and methods. ASCTA Members respect the human and legal rights of all individuals within our sport – athletes, parents, officials, administrators, and fellow coaches.