To All Coaches
I would like to inform you that Queensland has lost another one of its great coaches
Unfortunately Ian Findlay passed away Monday 3 February 2020, after a long battle with Parkinson disease.
Below are some of Ian’s achievements as a swimmer and coach.
• Australian Institute scholarship holder for two years
• Australian Open Record holder Butterfly 200m (1983) for six years
• Australian representative at the Pan Pac games (1982)
• Assistant Coach to Laurie Lawrence when Duncan Armstrong won the Gold Medal for the 200m freestyle at the Seoul Olympics (1988)
• Malaysian Swim Team coach at the Olympics, Seoul (1988)
• Coaching Glen Houseman to a World Record in 1500m (1990), and a Silver Olympic Medal at Barcelona in (1992)
• Head Coach of the Australian Para Olympic team, Atlanta (1996)
• Setting his own swim school in Toowoomba and managing The Glennie Aquatic Centre (1994-2006)
Our condolences to his wife Nicole and their three children
Club Development Director – Swimming QLD